QRLA Membership Agreement
QRLA Members agree to:
- Provide safe, well-maintained accommodations which provides tenants with appropriate comfort, convenience, safety, privacy, respect for their human rights and dignity in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Operate their rental businesses in an ethical, professional manner with integrity, honesty and fairness.
- Make every effort to be aware of and comply with municipal, provincial and federal laws applicable to residential housing.
- Consider the effect of their actions on the public perception of the QRLA and rental industry as a whole.
- Keep members-only information confidential and not share it outside of the organization. This is unfair to the paying members and to the QRLA which expends great effort to provide it.
- Pay their renewal dues on time, or extend the common courtesy of informing the association that they do not wish to renew.
- Make other members aware of their services but refrain from hard selling or sales pitches.
- Refrain from collecting contact information from other members and using such for group communications.
- Abide by the terms of this membership agreement to the best of their ability.
QRLA Members acknowledge:
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
- Memberships begin on the day the membership funds are received (or cleared the bank) and renew at the end of their term.
- Failure to abide by this agreement may result in membership cancellation.